Mid-Market Account Executive - West Coast
Acquia is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the world and has been regularly highly ranked by Deloitte’s Fast Fifty and the Inc 5000 fastest growing companies. We are currently searching for a Mid-Market Account Executive (AE). The Account Executive is a critical and high profile quota-carrying role. We are seeking someone who is smart, ambitious and has regularly out-performed his or her peers. We are seeking someone who will fit into the energetic Acquia culture and seeks aggressive career growth. The Account Executive reports to the Director of Mid Market and should expect daily interaction with the VP of Corporate Sales.
The role will ideally be based in San Francisco and will require some travel (about 25%) for onsite client meetings.
The AE will manage and close deals in Acquia’s Middle Market account and prospect base. The ideal candidate cultivates deep relationships with prospective customers, partnering with them to determine their needs and delivering world-class service. Furthermore, the ability to work cross-functionally with demand generation and marketing teams to cultivate pipeline is a must.
Passion, drive, and creativity are just some of the basic skills and traits we are looking for in an Account Executive. Experience handling full-life cycle sales in an individual contributor environment, along with working with partners to drive our business forward in a specified territory is key to being a successful Acquian representative.
• Identify new business opportunities at mid market companies. Engage with senior level executives within these organizations.
• Develop strong relationships and identify prospect needs at all decision-making levels.
• Stay current on competitor offerings and be able to identify their strengths and vulnerabilities.
• Turn client feedback into actionable strategies to drive new business and address competitive risks.
• Influence client decisions and advocate for client needs to negotiate win-win solutions.
• Work closely with various functional teams including Product Development, Account Management and Project Management teams to ensure seamless implementation and effective ongoing account growth.
• Collaborate effectively across internal teams and create an atmosphere of trust and open communication.
• Engage with our channel partners and various subject matter experts to drive sales opportunities.
• Travel to client meetings as needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
• A minimum of 3-6 years of sales/client origination experience, preferably with CMS experience.
• Experience negotiating large strategic deals including all phases of client development: prospecting, proposal development, negotiation and ongoing relationship management.
• Have intellectual agility and an entrepreneurial mindset; demonstrates drive, initiative, energy and sense of urgency in acquiring and serving clients.
• Experience and the know-how to work in a start-up, fast paced technology environment.
• Ability to learn and absorb new products quickly and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands.
• Strong understanding of the SaaS business model for solutions delivery.
• Confident presentation skills, and must have 'presence' in front of the C-suite customer with the communications skills to articulate a value proposition to a wide range of organizational and functional levels.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing young technology companies. The position includes an excellent compensation package, equity ownership, Health Benefits, 401K and more. Travel required.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.