Pantheon powers the world's professional websites. Our multi-tenant, container-based cloud platform enables businesses to run mission-critical Drupal & WordPress websites. Developers, Marketers and IT can instantly scale in response to unplanned traffic spikes, without upgrading VMs or clusters. Large enterprises use Pantheon, including Intel, Cisco, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
We recently closed a series B round of funding and we've got a very bright future ahead of us. We value autonomy, humor and hard work balanced with solid social time together. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities, and have real relationships with many of our most active customers and that's where you come in.
The Pantheon platform runs over 70,000 Drupal, Wordpress and PHP websites serving hundreds of millions of hits per day. Our polyglot platform includes Python, Ruby, C, Go, and Node.js, but PHP is always part of the equation. We're looking for a PHP engineer to work on a diverse set of projects, from our customer-facing command-line tools, to integrating PHP developer tools like Composer into our platform, to working with the Customer Success Team in driving upstream improvements to Drupal/Wordpress/Symfony, etc.
* Maintain and develop our PHP-based command-line tools for interacting with our platform (see Terminus)
* Maintain and develop site analysis and recommendation tools, like Site Audit for Drupal
* Configure, build, and deploy new PHP builds (HHVM)
* Maintain our Drupal and Wordpress downstream repos
* Recommend and drive integrations with PHP developer tools and workflows, i.e. Composer, Dictator, Drupal CMI
* Work with clients as necessary to make recommendations around escalated PHP issues
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
* 3+ Years of PHP Engineering Experience
* Experience with active development on WordPress and/or Drupal
* Experience with PHP development tools like Composer, XDebug, PHPUnit, PEAR, etc.
Bonus Points For:
* Open Source PHP Code
* Experience working on large-scale SAAS projects in PHP
* Experience working with other PHP frameworks: Symfony, Laravel, etc
* Experience with PHP application continuous integration
What we can offer you:
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
Pantheon's team includes many long-term contributors to Drupal. We have maintainers of contributed modules and members of core initiatives on staff. We contribute to Fedora, Node.js, Sensu, and many other open source projects. We are a team that shares an enthusiasm for open source technology along with our internal mission.
Oh yeah...here are a few other things we offer as well:
* Industry competitive salary.
* Stock options.
* Vacation days and time off.
* Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision).
* Top-of-line equipment.
* Fun at Drupal community events.
* Discounts on custom bicycles - the founders of Pantheon also Founded Mission Bicycle.
* Dog friendly office.
* Training stipend to attend industry conferences.
* Fully stocked kitchen with lunches provided.
* This is a full time onsite position at our offices in San Francisco, CA.
* Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.