Senior Drupal Support Developer
Are you a talented and focused Drupal Developer, who wants to play a key role in a growing Drupal organization?
Recognized as the leader in providing technology to the scholarly industry, HighWire Press, Inc is used by millions of scholarly researchers worldwide. It publishes over 1700 scholarly journals and books online and supports hundreds of publishers in this process. HighWire Press is in the midst of the migration of its sites to a new Drupal front end and is looking for developers who can make a significant contributions to this exciting initiative. We are looking for individuals who love to solve all kinds of problems, love to help others grow technically and love to contribute to permantent solutions to improve our technology and business as a whole.
The Senior Drupal Support Developer will be responsible for key contributions to publication sites and HighWire technology in general, working with a wide variety of HighWire Press staff on many varied joint efforts. This person will be responsible for identifying, documenting and communicating solutions to others.
Drupal Developer Responsibilities
- · Assess project requests and develop clear, accurate technical specifications for project work that will be developed both locally and offshore.
- · Mentor other team members, both locally and offshore, in Drupal design and implementation approaches. This includes contributing to detailed written documentation.
- · Participate in direct discussions with publication management and publishers to clarify technical work, firm up design issues and provide technical options for their projects.
- · Participate in technical reviews of code – both code developed by local and offshore staff .
- · Communicate frequently with team members (both orally and in writing) to coordinate work efforts, and to provide information about project status, schedules, progress, design issues, and decisions.
- · Work independently and as part of dynamic teams to complete assigned projects in a timely manner. Regular and special project work may require design and development of mockups, prototypes, working models, and production applications.
- · Identify and implement opportunities to streamline processes or automate technical systems so that job functions can be performed more efficiently.
Required Skills and Experience:
- · Experience developing with other standard web technologies, including XHTML, SQL, XML and scripting languages, particularly PHP, but also including Perl, Python, or Ruby.
- · Experience independently analyzing and creating technical solutions to new complex problems, including troubleshooting reported technical problems.
- · Experience providing mentorship for other developers, as well as demonstrated experience developing supporting technical documentation.
- · Demonstrated experience delivering effective communication to business and technical staff.
- · Experience building Drupal modules and extending Drupal
- · Demonstrated experience reviewing developer code and providing constructive technical guidance as part of the reviews.
- · Demonstrated experience at setting priorities; flexibility and ability to handle multiple assignments and work with minimal supervision under tight deadlines and in pressure situations.
- · Experience working with relational or hierarchical database systems.
- · Usability testing and analysis of results.
- · Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science or at least 4 yrs of relevant experiencee:
- Experience developing with XSLT
- · Experience and/or interest in Drupal theming layer development.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org