Senior Manager of Partners, West
We’re looking for a Senior Manager of Partners to join our team and will manage our Strategic Partner Accounts within the Western region. The right candidate will have a career of exceeding expectations and thrive in a hyper growth environment. This role demands that you help drive and implement Partner Channel strategy at Acquia and understand how to scale the business. You will have a deep knowledge of partner business models (Digital Agencies, Systems Integrators and Web Development companies) and know how to ensure business alignment with them. A strong background in sales, with a passion for co-selling and sell through will be second nature in this role.
The Senior Manager will build and execute strategies to grow the channel, ensure it performs at the highest level, and ensure that it is continuously optimized. The manager's focus will be on developing deep relationships with partners who can ensure consistent and predictable business growth. Working cross functionally will be second nature to you and you will forge deep relationships with Sales, Marketing, Consulting and Product Management.
The ideal candidate combines technical and commercial skills and will have a track record in delivering superior results in a channel role at an enterprise software or digital agency environment. An intense desire to succeed coupled with a fanatical commitment to customer success is essential. They need to be excellent relationship builders, as well as able to maximize partner performance. Ideally, this role will be based in the San Francisco bay area, but other West Coast locations are available.
- Managing and executing an annual and quarterly business planning process using a strategic planning model; Identifies key go to market strategies and measures for revenue growth
- Uses strategic and critical thinking, judgment, and decision making in measuring and managing the business.
- Identifies and escalates key inhibitors to achieving sales results
- Makes effective use of cross-functional resources and understands how to use these resources and skill sets to execute plan and achieve results.
- Expand the existing channel programs to all geographies and partners
- Leverage the existing programs and establish local practices to work with the dynamic Drupal open source community
- Team with the Acquia Sales team to optimize the effectiveness of channel engagements
- Build awareness for Drupal and Acquia within large enterprises, digital agencies and system integrators
- Consistently perform above expectations in delivering superior results
- Establish partner delight in all dealings
- Upto 50% Travel
- 5+ years of experience in channel/partner sales: building and managing multiple global relationships with both large & small system integrators and digital agencies, responsibility for creating and managing partial or complete channel programs on a global or regional scale
- An entrepreneurial and team focused attitude with unbounded energy, and the ability to work in a fast paced, transaction oriented, hyper growth start-up environment
- Clear understanding of software product sales, preferably with a background in web based technologies (SaaS, SOA, Cloud, WCM, Social Software)
- A passion for excellence and thought leadership around driving a fundamental shift in the way customers use the Web
- Ability to integrate a leveraged channel model into a very successful direct sales organization without creating conflict
- Strong analytical and writing abilities and exceptional presentation skills
- Ability to build a business relationship that directly supports the business model of our partners
Acquia is helping more than 4,000 organizations provide a truly integrated digital experience that combines content, community, and commerce. These organizations include Twitter, Timex, Mercedes Benz, and Warner Music Group. Acquia’s digital innovation platform helps organizations maximize conversion in the omni channel through creating content-rich and socially immersive experiences. Acquia enables organizations to take advantage of Drupal - the leading open source technology powering over two million websites – to drive their digital experience.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.