Drupal Site Builder / Developer / Themer (Remote)
CivicActions is seeking individuals with skills in Drupal site building, development and/or theming. Cross-functional experience in 2 or more areas is a plus.
We are a fully-distributed company and all our team members have the flexibility to work from anywhere in the world.
- Passion for using technology to make a positive change in our world.
- Demonstrated technical and analytic proficiency, communication and organization skills.
- Demonstrated experience in web development projects in a consulting or professional services environment, working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience working on projects using an agile framework (e.g. Scrum, XP, Kanban).
- Track record of contributions to the Drupal community, FOSS or other open community projects.
- Experience working both independently and in collaboration with remote, geographically diverse teams - must be very comfortable working via e-mail chat, IRC, audio/video conference etc.
- Familiarity with Git and VCS workflows
- Experience working in cloud environments.
- US Citizen, available for full-time employment.
Drupal site builder skill sets:
- Minimum of 2 years building Drupal sites.
- In depth knowledge of Drupal site building, with skills in module selection and configuration of content, layout and navigation.
- Familiarity with most common contributed modules.
- Ability to navigate on the command line and use a version control system.
Developer skill sets:
- In depth knowledge of Drupal site building, module and theme development, or demonstrable transferrable skills on other web based frameworks.
- Familiarity with Features and code-based configuration deployment
- Skilled at working throughout the LAMP stack: PHP/MySQL development, command line and version control skills and workflows.
- Experience with Drupal migrations using the Migrate module.
- Experience with CRM systems, especially CiviCRM or CRMs in a non-profit context is a plus.
- Complementary/specialized skills such as UX, design, QA, accessibility, performance, system administration, security are also a plus.
Why Choose CivicActions?
We believe the way we do business is as important as the product we create. We communicate openly, we operate consciously and acknowledge and correct our failures when they happen. We have adapted the Agile software development methodology into our business operations and have created a robust and agile infrastructure to grow the company.
We're a positive, open-minded team that values diversity, flexibility, cultivating a healthy work/life balance, and supporting one another. At CivicActions, you get more than just a job - you join a team of people who are committed to (y)our success. We're looking for people who think this sounds like a dream job.
If you are interested please send us your resume and portfolio. Let us know what you do now and what you would like to do in the near future. We're excited to hear from you.
Women, people of color, and physically-challenged people are strongly encouraged to apply.