Drupal Sr. Developer (Full time; Lehi, UT or Telecommute)
Location: Lehi, UT or Telecommute
Experience: Senior Level
Functions: Drupal Developer
Industries: Computer Software
Located in Lehi, Utah, Lingotek is streamlining the end to end process of translation. Part of our strategy is to integrate with content management systems such as Drupal, in order to automate and streamline pushing and pulling content through the translation and content publishing process.
We are looking for a full time experienced Drupal developer to work out of our Lehi, Utah office, and help us build out our existing Drupal integration both for Drupal core, as well as for other distributions. Developers should be familiar with the Drupal ecosystem, including modules, dependencies of modules, and Drupal coding practices. Candidates should also be familiar with how translation has evolved over time on drupal, including nodes versus field translation, the entity_translation module, and the latest multilingual initiatives being led by Gábor Hojtsy, see: http://www.drupal8multilingual.org/. Candidates will help us support releasing and maintaining the module in Drupal 6, 7, and the upcoming Drupal 8.
- Responsible for architecting, implementing and maintaining Lingotek module for Drupal 6, 7, and 8
Integrate with Drupal core as well as many of the Drupal distributions
- Turning requirements, design and user interface mockups into functional module features
- Contribute and be involved with Drupal multilingual initiatives
- Architect solutions that account for large scale and optimize for performance
- Reports to Engineering manager.
- Work with development team members and quality assurance staff.
- Comfortable working in an Agile Development environment
- Participates in design/code reviews
- Creates, units test, maintains and troubleshoots software
- Creates prototype/test applications
- Works with members of product management team to ensure specifications are satisfied
- Works directly with customers during customer deployment
Qualification | Experience:
- 4+ Years of experience developing with Drupal
- Experience with large scale Drupal sites, including load balancing and caching systems
- Involvement in and contributions to the Drupal community in form of contributed code to Drupal modules or Drupal Core
- Expert in Drupal, including custom module development, key contributed modules, particularly entity_translation, and the core API, CCK, Views
- Expert in PHP, with strong Linux experience.
- Proficient in SQL, relational databases and MySQL; skill with tools like phpMyAdmin and the mysql CLI
- Proficient in the maintenance and administration of Drupal modules and sites
- Experience integrating free software and third party applications into existing systems
- Priority will be given to those who are experienced in international software development projects.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field required
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.