Acquia is looking for a full-time Engagement Manager to lead large-scale web development projects leveraging the fast growing open-source project, Drupal.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and team player who is passionate about open-source, web development, and has a relentless desire to deliver the highest level of client satisfaction. Experience running large-scale web development projects, while managing a complex eco-system of partner, internal, and client staff in the delivery of large-scale application and website builds is a must. Candidates will have a strong sense of methodology (agile, waterfall, etc), prioritization and
team management, and perspective on best practice and thought-leadership in the delivery of solutions. To be successful in the role candidates must have a robust attention to detail, and an ability to negotiate mutually successful outcomes, while driving budget, margin, revenue forecasts, project quality, and on time delivery of solutions to Acquia’s highest profile clients.
Engagement Managers will:
- Be hands on project managers with experience managing large, distributed, and complex project teams
- Manage a book of business (projects) with focus on budget, adherence to margin targets, rate realization, and client satisfaction
- Negotiate with partners on the scoping, pricing, methodology and delivery of approach for subcontracted engagements
- Engage with sales to lead the scoping and sizing of complex projects using the Acquia sizing methodology
- Work with the Acquia regional delivery leads and the sales teams to negotiate solutions options, and the scope of engagements
- Manage the day-to-day delivery of engagements inclusive of partner progress tracking, risk mitigation, issue tracking, change management, and escalations
- Develop project strategy, project plans and project vision in collaboration with Acquia’s partner delivery teams
- Track and report weekly on project budget, margin, team utilization, and % complete
- Advocate for client success on engagements with a focus on team harmony and execution, and adherence to Acquia metrics and revenue goals
- Build deep client trust in Acquia’s delivery process and team, with an emphasis on proactive expectation setting and change management
- Ability to negotiate mutually agreeable outcomes in complex project scenarios with clients, partners and Acquia stakeholders
- Experience defining and delivering large scale (multi-million dollar) engagements
- Familiarity/experience with Drupal and web development technologies is desirable.
- Strong understanding of and experience in managing complex project financials including tracking forecast, actuals, and revenue targets
- Excellent client and partner relationship management skills
- Project Management and methodology exposure (waterfall, agile, scrum)
- Statement of work development
- 6 + years managing large scale ($1M+) web development projects in a digital agency setting
- Must be a self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Bachelors and or Masters degree in computer science or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with CMS technologies, especially Drupal and/or open-source is a plus
- PMI Certification is a plus
- Scrum Certification is a plus
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.