Senior Engineer / Tech Lead / Drupal Architect (Remote)
CivicActions is seeking qualified Senior Engineers, Tech Leads or Drupal Architects. Technical leads work within our agile/scrum process as a lead and technical resource, as well as planning and developing the technical architecture for the site. The technical lead is also highly engaged with the client, helping them understand, refine and prioritize options.
We are a fully-distributed company and all our team members have the flexibility to work from anywhere in the world.
- Co-creation of project plans and pre-sales activities (estimates, sprint plans, scope, approach, schedule, risks).
- Modeling and cultivating high quality communication within the team.
- Identifying and removing obstacles blocking team-members progress on a project.
- Assist team members in solving outstanding technical issues as they arise.
- Responsiveness to Project Manager and client needs and requests.
- Participation in weekly engineering department and project specific meetings.
- Ability to provide clear descriptions and accurate estimates of the technical deliverables.
- Passion for using technology to make a positive change in our world.
- Commitment to personal and professional development.
- Demonstrated technical and analytic proficiency, communication and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead web development projects in a consulting or professional services environment, working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience working on projects using an agile framework (e.g. Scrum, XP, Kanban).
- Superior client facing skills - ability to understand business goals and communicate technical options in non-technical terms, as well as anticipate and surface challenges and opportunities.
- Project team leadership - lead detailed engineering discussions, monitor and review tickets, team deliverables and the overall project process for quality, efficiency and standards and provide appropriate feedback and support.
- Track record of contributions to the Drupal community, FOSS or other open community projects.
- Experience working both independently and in collaboration with remote, geographically diverse teams - must be very comfortable working via e-mail chat, IRC, audio/video conference etc.
- Available full time
- US Government security clearance is a plus.
The technical skill sets we are looking for are:
- Superior knowledge of Drupal site building, module and theme development. While we will consider demonstrable transferrable skills on other web based frameworks, Drupal expertise is strongly preferred.
- Skilled at working throughout the LAMP stack: PHP/MySQL development, command line and version control skills.
- Experience with CRM systems, especially CiviCRM or CRMs in a non-profit context is a plus.
- Complementary/specialized skills such as UX, design, QA, accessibility, performance, system administration, security are also a plus.
Why Choose CivicActions?
We believe the way we do business is as important as the product we create. We communicate openly, we operate consciously and acknowledge and correct our failures when they happen. We have adapted the Agile software development methodology into our business operations and have created a robust and agile infrastructure to grow the company.
We're a positive, open-minded team that values diversity, flexibility, cultivating a healthy work/life balance, and supporting one another. At CivicActions, you get more than just a job - you join a team of people who are committed to (y)our success. We're looking for people who think this sounds like a dream job.
If you are interested please send us your resume and portfolio. Let us know what you do now and what you would like to do in the near future. We're excited to hear from you.
Women, people of color, and physically-challenged people are strongly encouraged to apply.