Acquia is seeking a Solutions Architect – someone to evangelize Drupal and Acquia to our potential customers, to work with Acquia and our customers to develop strong technical solutions to their business needs, and to prepare accurate estimates for consulting services and infrastructure to bring that proposed solution to life. The ideal candidate has a broad background in Drupal and in general web development, exposure to infrastructure management and architecture, and a mixture of front-end and back-end engineering expertise. You should be confident illustrating your ideas in written, verbal and visual forms.
Acquia's Solutions Architects interact with potential customers in all sectors - from startups to large enterprises across industries, and with all levels of government. Solutions Architects communicate how Drupal and Acquia can help them succeed. You'll research, scope, estimate and present Drupal solutions for enterprise-grade web sites and applications. You'll also act as a key conduit between our business development team and our engineers and consultants, both helping sales staff to better position Drupal and Acquia’s services, as well as bringing feedback from customers back into the development of new products and processes. Some travel is required.
- Deep experience with Drupal site and application architecture
- Passion for the web, open source, and for helping us build a hot and growing start-up
- Deep experience architecting web solutions for enterprise customers, including, front-end, back-end and infrastructure layers
- Ability to estimate projects large and small, including assessing and mitigating risk
- Comfortable managing multiple concurrent opportunities and delivering on time
- Strong problem solving skills, intelligence, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (detail oriented)
- Experience in consulting strongly preferred
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.