Pantheon powers the world's professional websites. Our multi-tenant, container-based cloud platform enables businesses to run mission-critical Drupal & WordPress websites. Developers, Marketers and IT can instantly scale in response to unplanned traffic spikes, without upgrading VMs or clusters. Large enterprises use Pantheon, including Intel, Cisco, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
We recently closed a series B round of funding and we've got a very bright future ahead of us. We value autonomy, humor and hard work balanced with solid social time together. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities, and have real relationships with many of our most active customers and that's where you come in.
We're looking for a UX Designer to help our product reach the next level. This is a collaborative, cross-functional role that will work with product management and the 'applications team' to design and enhance the user experience of developers using the Pantheon platform.
You will make an impact at Pantheon by creating visual artifacts and design mockups as part of our engineering work cycle, leading to better internal alignment and better end-user experiences.
You'll also have critical input at every stage of the development process. To start, you'll work with product owners and users to inform features and craft experiences. After features are defined, you'll work closely with product management on early wireframes and specs. Later, during the implementation phase, you will team up closely with engineering team members for fine-tuning designs, creating assets, and awesomeifying (yup, it's a word) experiences.
Some specifics include:
* Designing interfaces and interactions for the product
* Creating visual artifacts (wireframes) to guide engineering in implementing new features
* Advocating for the user from an ease of use and intuitive learning perspective
* Assisting in interpreting user feedback to help set product feature and design priorities
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
* 4+ years of design experience
* Experience designing user interfaces and interactions for web applications
* Experience with the work of creating websites (so you can empathize with our users)
* Experience with wireframing and rapid iterations around prototypes
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus Points For:
* Expertise with HTML/CSS/JS implementation
* Experience developing with Drupal and/or Wordpress
* Experience with UX research and testing
* Visual design chops
What we can offer you:
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
Pantheon's team includes many long-term contributors to Drupal. We have maintainers of contributed modules and members of core initiatives on staff. We contribute to Fedora, Node.js, Sensu, and many other open source projects. We are a team that shares an enthusiasm for open source technology along with our internal mission.
Oh yeah...here are a few other things we offer as well:
* Industry competitive salary.
* Stock options.
* Vacation days and time off.
* Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision).
* Top-of-line equipment.
* Fun at Drupal community events.
* Discounts on custom bicycles - the founders of Pantheon also Founded Mission Bicycle.
* Dog friendly office.
* Training stipend to attend industry conferences.
* Fully stocked kitchen with lunches provided.
* This is a full time onsite position at our offices in San Francisco, CA.
* Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.