Wrapping Views around your finger
Time: 11:00am - 12:00pm
This session is designed for both the beginner and intermediate site builders. Since Views is the second most popular Drupal project, I am sure that everyone is familiar with it. But, have you mastered all that stuff in “Advance” column? What is a contextual filter and how do you use it to your advantage? Can you display field from other related entities in your view? What does that “Use aggregation” field do? Have you ever wanted to have a view ask for the filters before it runs the query?
This sessions will explain what these "advance" settings do and how to use them. If we have time, we will also discuss how to:
- Make a table view responsive
- How to download your table views to a CSV file
- How to implement conditional fields and fixed text on a view
- Update a field in multiple nodes at the same time from within a view
- The answer to these questions and more will be revealed during this session.